Luke

My name is Luke and I am a student at Manor Lakes College. I am 12 years old. My hobbies are playing Australian Rules Football, Basketball and Soccer. I like to Go Karting and I watch Formula One’s and V8 Supercars. My favourite NBA team is the Miami Heat.

This is my first year at Manor Lakes College and I am loving it here. My teacher is Rebecca and she is very friendly and has a good sense of humour. My brother was here 2 years before me and he is 14 years old. He is in year 9. The school is the biggest in Victoria and when you walk around it, you see how big it is in person!

Werribee and Manor Lakes is a very fast growing community. There a big number of Australian Rules Football teams around here and there is a new one starting this year, next to the school, called Manor Lakes Storm, which I’ll be playing for this year. Australia is a very nice country, and down here in Melbourne, one day the weather is 40 degrees and the next day, it’s 20 degrees and raining! Melbourne is very cold in winter and very hot in summer, where nearly every summer we get a bushfire! Luckily, we have not been affected by one yet, although not long ago, we had a fire about 5 minutes drive from us! The smoke was very big and on my balcony, I took some very good photos. It was pretty scary!

One thing that has happened to me that I am very happy of was when I went to the 2011 Qantas Australian Formula One Grand Prix at the Albert Park Street Circuit. It was a very exciting experience, and the screeching of the cars makes the Grand Prix so unique. My favourite driver was Michael Schumacher, although, now he has retired, my favourite driver is Jenson Button. I don’t like Mark Webber but I like Dan Ricciardo! I have said that if I won a $10million lottery, I would follow the Formula One’s for all of the races during that season. I would spend a bit more of the money and give the remaining money to a charity!