School Buddies

In 7 Rebecca, we are a buddy class with a grade 3 class with their teacher Jess. Jess was a year 6 teacher last year, so lots of us know her very well.

One of the first things we did with our buddy class was get to know them by creating a paper chain where we wrote down all of the things that we had in common with our buddy.

The second activity we did together was to create a silly story. A silly story is a story where one person writes a sentence of a story, then only gives their partner the last word of their sentence. Their partner then has to write the next sentence, even though they do not really know what the first sentence is about! It had some very funny results!

Here is one of the silly stories we created. Matilda and Chantelle used PicCollage on the iPad to publish their story.

4 thoughts on “School Buddies

1. Dear 7 Rebecca’s Class Blog,
    We are a school in California participating in the Student Blog Challenge. We would like to get to know you a bit, so here is a link to our class blog: http://englishbeat.saintmarksschool.org/. We would like to hear from you!

This silly story project sounds like a lot of fun. We are currently writing a personal narrative story that we will turn into a picture book.
    Please write back!
    Ms. Wood & her eighth graders

2. School this year has been relay fun our teacher is so nice.
    We all have buddies when we first meet our buddies we all made a paper chain my buddy and me had so much in common the second time we visited our buddies we made a silly story it was so much fun.
    When I first cam to this school I made friends making friends sometime can be hard but at this school it’s easy this school is the best..