Hello New Jersey!

This week in 7 Rebecca, one of the things we have been working on is beginning to connect with out blogging buddies in New Jersey. They are Mr Fritzky’s Writing and Reading grade 5 classes. We’re all very excited about connecting with them, and we’re hoping to Skype them in the future.

A map of New Jersey

This week we have been commenting on their blogs for the first time. First we looked at other class blogs to see how other people comment on blogs. In particular we looked at 4KM and 4KJ’s blog post about how to leave a good blog comment. Then we practiced our own, including introductions, polite and formal language, and a goodbye.

We hope that they enjoyed reading out comments about their wonderful writing and reviews, and that they will be able to begin commenting on our blog once we build it up more.

Have you had experience with global blogging?

Why do you think it is important to connect with people around the world?

15 thoughts on “Hello New Jersey!

1. Have you had experience with global blogging?
    Our class has had the opportunity to blog with a class in England as well.

I think as a society we often think that everyone else has the same experiences and thoughts as we do. I think it is REALLY important to connect with people who are different from us. We all have a lot to learn and I think with this type of blog we can learn how to become better people and better writers!

On a side note, I am personally VERY excited to be blogging with a class in Australia. My husband is from Adelaide, SA and I have been fortunate enough to visit Australia 6 times. I have only been to Melbourne once, when we took a road trip up The Great Ocean Road.

Looking forward to hearing from you and Skyping soon!
    Mrs. Marangon

2. Hi my name is Jonathan I am from the United States of America! Iam in Mr. Fritzky’s class in N.J. I liked how you introduced everyone nice job!

3. I have had experienced global blogging. We blog with people with England so we are familiar with global blogging. I think it is important to connect with people around the world because it teaches you different languages and different terms that they use around the world.

4. Have you had experience with global blogging?

Yes I have had experience with global blogging as my class is connecting with other classes in places of England.

I think that it is important to connect with others around the world because as a society, many people think that we all have the same opinions about different things. It is good to start learning of different peoples’ perspectives on what we thought would be the same for all of us now.

5. -Have you had experience with global blogging?
    I have had experience with global blogging before because I have blogged with England as well.

-Why do you think it is important to connect with people around the world?
    I think it is important to connect with people around the world because everyone should have the opportunity to learn about cultures, religions, and the style of life all around the world. Also I think people should be able to connect with people from different continents and places around the world.

6. Have you had experience with global blogging?
    Yes, actually we blog with 3 different schools from England.

I think it is important to connect other people because , know it it would be easier to know more about other people’s live.

7. Have you had experience with global blogging?

Yes.In my class, we have been able to blog with your class and a class from England.

I think it is important to connect with people around the world because it gives us a chance to see other countries writing styles and it give us a chance to show our work to others besides people in our classes.

8. Hi guys I’m from Rebecca’s class. No we haven’t had experience with Global blogging. This our first time and we are all so exited that it is with New Jersey!
    From Bren.

9. Hi,im from Rebeccas class.
    This would be our first time with global blogging.
    It should be really fun and interesting meeting new people across the world.
    From Matilda.

10. Some people last year did global blogging/chatting, but this is our first time global blogging in 7 Rebecca

From Natasha