Welcome!

Welcome to 7 Rebecca’s class blog! We are a year 7 class at Manor Lakes College, which is situated in Wyndham Vale, Victoria, Australia.

We have just started term 1, so are hoping to share our learning for the rest of the  year with the world! We are looking forward to connecting with schools from other countries to find out more about how people live and learn across the world.

Here are five facts about Manor Lakes College, that we think are pretty unique:

1. We have1600 students and 200 staff members

Our school is huge! It takes ten minutes to walk from one side of the school to the other. There are seven year 7 classes!

2. We have science labs

We are lucky enough to have a building of science labs. This means that those of us who came to Manor Lakes for primary school have already dissected animals and conducted experiments! We will post more about our experiments in the future.

3. We have home groups until year 8

Unlike some secondary schools, we have home groups until year 8. This means that we have one classroom and one teacher for English, Maths, Humanities and Science. We are taught Performing Arts, Indonesian, PE and Textiles by other teachers in other rooms.

4. We all have iPads.

Manor Lakes is a 1:1 device school. What device we use depends on our year level. In years 5-8 every student buys their own iPad and brings it to school to use for our learning.

5. We are an Apple school

Every device we use in our school is Apple. The older students use MacBooks, and we use Apple TV. This is because it helps our learning by having all of the software we need to run.

What is unique or different about your school?

Is there anything else you would like to learn about our school?

5 thoughts on “Welcome!

1. Hi, i’m from peregrine elementary your school sounds awesome are school is small compared to yours. Are school is sorta big on technology hope you guys check out miss Carlson’s blog out. 🙂

2. Hi!
    My school is different because we have an Digital area. Everyone in the digital area has to buy their own laptop that has windows 7 or 8 on it. We do 70% of our work on our laptops and the rest in books.

3. Hello 7 Rebeeca’s class my name is Paolo and I am from New Zealand, I am also a Year 8. I was hoping for you guys to reply to this question if you have time. Here is the question what other subjects do you use minecraft for?